After 5 days of bed rest I was very excited to finally be heading to the hospital to be induced. I had so many emotions that morning. I cried, I was nervous, I was excited...you name it I probably felt it. I was sad leaving Grady knowing that his world was about to change and yet couldn't WAIT to meet my newest sweet boy.
Rob and I arrived at the hospital about 7:30 and got checked into the room. My parents followed pretty soon and the waiting game began. At about 9 Dr. Delgado came to check on me and I was already 4 cm (on my own) dilated and so she decided to break my water. Once she did that I asked her if she thought I would have him by early evening...she laughed and said, "Kelli, you're having this baby by noon." Shocked, I had Rob call Jill who wanted to be there and then the nurse to have my epidural brought in! Thank goodness for those things!
I moved along pretty quickly and by 12 I told everyone I was feeling some weird pressure I hadn't felt before. The nurse checked me and said I couldn't push, that they were calling the Dr. and that he was already headed out! At 12:15 the Dr. walked in and by 12:31 little Sean had arrived! It was SO EASY compared to Grady's birth. I pushed 2 times with Sean and for 2 hours and 45 minutes with Gman! What a difference!
Nana was in the room with me when Sean arrived and G'pa came in with Jill once all had settled down in the room. Kirt, Jen and Brian also all came to visit that day! Sean is already so loved!
A well deserved bath! Rob got to go with Sean to get cleaned up. I think he looks so peaceful in this picture. I was jealous Rob got to go watch this part of the day, but was thankful he took pictures for me so I could see how it all went! I was not jealous when Rob got to go see him get circumcised. That is one I could skip out on!
Later that evening my parents brought Grady to come meet his baby brother. It was such an awesome thing to see. When he saw me holding Sean and when I told him that this was his brother Sean it was like all of a sudden it all made sense. Grady's face lit up and immediately said he wanted to "pet him." Then of course he wanted to hold him! After about 30 minutes of chaos with a 2 year old in a 4X4 room they left. As Grady left he gave Sean a kiss and said "love you." I seriously could have cried. How lucky I am to have these two as my little boys.
This picture is from the day we got home. Grady was SO EXCITED to hold him again. (if you can't tell by his smile) Sean was a little uncertain! Since then it has been so nice to be home and getting into new routines here at the house. I feel amazing and can't believe I had a baby 4 days ago. The second time round has been SO MUCH easier! Grady is adjusting. He either loves Sean or is testing his limits with him. I think it's all pretty normal so we are just trying to make sure he knows we love him that his attention time does not fall to the way side.
My Mom has been such a help as well. She's been here everyday (since bed rest!) to either clean, cook or just play with Grady. He now thinks she's going to be here daily and when he wakes up from his naps he thinks Nana should be here. I could NOT survive with out my mom's help! Thanks MOM! xoxox
I have always waited to be a mom, from the time I can remember. I felt beyond blessed after having Grady and honestly couldn't imagine that I could love another as much as him. I have been proven wrong in 4 days. I feel so overwhelmingly blessed and can't even believe that I have two beautiful little boys to snuggle. Our family feels complete and I thank God for my little miracles.
3 comments:
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you... having two boys is the best ever!! I love the picture of Grady looking at Sean in the hospital... that is just precious!
Congrats Kel! So happy that everything went so good and that Sean is now here. All my love to your beautiful family. I love all the pics. Grady looks like such a proud Big Bro.
I loved reading your story and looking at the pictures! Congratulations! You guys are the perfect family. Grady is such a cute big brother! I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet your little boy. Love him and you!! xoxo
Post a Comment