October 12, 2010

Grady's 2nd Birthday!

Last weekend we celebrated Grady's 2nd Birthday. It was technically 20 days early, but since I am due right around his birthday we wanted to make sure we got to celebrate his special day without interruption!

It was a motorcycle themed party (since he's obsessed with "cycles.") and we kept it pretty small and did a BBQ at the park. It turned out to be a beautiful day and I think everyone enjoyed a mellow day in the sun!

Grady's favorite part of the day was bar far when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He LOVES that song and it was as though he couldn't believe everyone was singing HIS song to HIM! His face was the happiest I think I've truly ever seen it. My heart was beyond touched to see his smile. This photo doesn't really do it justice, but he kept turning to look at everyone so it was hard to get a face shot!
Everyone seemed to enjoy the cupcakes, but I think Mia took the "cake" as being the cutest one covered in chocolate. I mean...look at that face. I could just eat her up!
Another family photo...I am pretty sure I wore pink to his first birthday party too!
Here are all the kiddo's! Grady is so well loved by the people in his life. It was such a fun way to celebrate our little man. The big kids are amazing with the little ones. They follow them around, make sure they're safe, play with them etc. It made for a nice, relaxing day in the sun for us mamas!
Here is Grady and his best friend Kate. They are so stinkin' cute together. Here they are hugging...you should see how cute they are when they kiss!

Grady got several of his favorite things for his birthday! He got a very cool baseball tee thing, a scooter and helmet (a "bike" as he calls it) and then this motorcycle! I had to post this picture since it was a motorcycle themed party! Overall it was an amazing day! I can't believe my baby is 2. In some ways it makes me so happy that he's turning into such a loving, happy, fun "big boy," but in other ways it makes me want to freeze time. (and cry a little!) I call him my biggest boy now since his little brother will soon be joining us in this world!

Happy Birthday to my BIGGEST boy! We love you Grady!!!!

2 comments:

Angie and Jerry said...

Happy birthday to little G-man! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys. That is so cute about how happy he was when you sang "Happy Birthday". Seeing them so happy is the best feeling in the world. Love the motorcycle he got too. Brayden would be so jealous!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to Grady! So sad that we missed out on the celebration. Love his expression for his special song. That smile is so genuine! Love him so much. Such a sweetheart.