I went back to Sean's regular dr. and he and I decided to try some reflux medication. Sean has had a cough for MONTHS and apparently reflux can present itself in a cough, not just spitting up. We began axid and saw a small improvement, but Sean still seemed to struggle SO MUCH with gas and pooping. I made another appointment with the GI dr., but this time with the one I should have seen in the first place. (Dr. Haddad...amazing!!!)
He asked me what seemed like 100 questions about EVERYTHING regarding Sean and in the end decided it was most likely an allergy to the protein in milk. He has put Sean on a hypoallergenic formula called Elecare. It's about 50$ a can and even easier for babies with this issue than Nutramagen (sp). We have been on the formula for about 3.5 days now and last night was the first night in at least 2 months where he slept through the night without waking up screaming due to his gas! I am crossing my fingers this stuff is the answer.
It is so hard to see your little one in such pain and to feel like you can do nothing to help. I must admit I can think of other things I would like to be spending 200$ a month on other than formula, but if it works...it is WELL worth it. I wanted to kiss this Dr. for at least listening to me and making sure that I knew he "heard me." Only time will really tell, but we are off to a great start!
My chunk-a-monk! He is so chubby, I love it! I have always wanted a chubby baby and he is on his way! He is already a few pounds heavier than Grady was at this age!
2 comments:
Gosh poor Sean and his momma. That first doctor sounds like such a jerk :(. So glad you got a good one the next time and are hopefully on the road to recovery. It makes me want to cry thinking of how much pain little man must have been in. Adorable pics!! What a huge smile!! I just want to love on him!
ahhh poor little one. I can somewhat sympathize. Although Luke was never that bad. Ugh I hope you have found your answer. He is so cute Kel. Hopefully I will meet him one of these days
Post a Comment