
Well here we are! Rob and I took a little road trip down to Palm Desert with the boys to visit my dear friend Angie and her beautiful family! Last year we were both pregnant..this year our gang has grown! It was such a fun trip for all of us. I absolutely LOVE to spend time with Ang and chat, talk about the kids, talk crafty stuff and just be. I feel so lucky to have Ang in my life and I love that Rob and Jerry get a long great and now we have children the same age! I hope we can do a visit every year so the kids can grow up to be good friends too!

The boys and I in the pool! I usually don't do bathing suits, but it is sooo hot there that I jump in too! Grady loved swimming this year and with some help from Jerry and Brayden, Grady got pretty good at swimming under the water and kicking. Brayden is the swimming expert, but thankfully he gave Grady some tips and Grady was anxious to give it a shot! By then end he was doing pretty well! Sean LOVES to splash and just be in the water too so the pool provided all of us some good, clean fun!

Brayden has this super cool bike called a "Strider." It is a two wheeled bike without pedals. You are suposed to just use your feet and it will help the kids learn how to balance. You should have seen Brayden on this thing! He cruises along on it so fast and lifts his little legs up and just glides along! He sort of looks like one of those professional bike riders just hangin' out on their bike! Anways, Grady tried it and loved it. He's been asking for a bike for a while and we just hadn't found the right one...I think we might have now! Thanks for the brillant idea Stewart gang!

One of the favorite past times down there is golf. The big boys golf during the day and then take the little boys out after dinner. Grady enjoys this so much that here he is golfing...in the sprinklers! LOL! I guess with the hot weather he's got the right idea! It is so cute to watch the "littles" out there swinging their clubs...one day soon they'll be able to play in the daytime with their Daddy's!

Sean Boy...before heading out of town I almost made Rob drive to the Dr. to have Sean's ears checked...he had been acting a little out of sorts...but I didn't. I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Thankfully Sean did pretty well down there. He was by no mean 100%, but he also wasn't horrible. Two days after coming home we headed to the Dr. to find out he had a double ear infection and sore throat. OF COURSE. I felt horrible for not taking him before we left, but I am sure if I had his ears would have been fine at that moment...augh. Third ear infection this summer...I predict "tubes" in the future...

Darn these kids are cute! Grady...2 years 10 months. Sean 9 months. Brayden...2 years 6 months. Rylie 10 months! Who would have ever guessed in college when Angie and I would sit around and talk about being mommies someday that our children would be THIS close in age? I love it. We had so much fun talking about the kids and their stages, accomplishments, personalities...tantrums...etc. I LOVED seeing Brayden talking, walking, swimming, riding his bike etc. this year and it was so fun to meet little Rylie. She is honestly the happiest baby I have ever met. She would smile at you and then just giggle...oh it made me want to squeeze her!!!

Sean looks like a serious chunk here! Rylie and Sean are just about the same size. They were so interested in each other and would touch each other, smile at each other and entertain each other...it was so cute to watch. However, it made me think about how difficult twins would be!

yeah for snow cones!!! Here are the "big boys" waiting for Jerry to make them snow cones. They are also about the exact same size and both of them have the biggest eyes...however Brayden might have the longest eye lashes I have EVER seen! These two were so cute together this year. They played really well together and would get so excited to see each other in the mornings or after naps! They are both in the midst of potty training so it was some good peer pressure to see each other being big boys! Grady had 3 full days of no peeing in a diaper (he's already successful with #2 in the potty) and then when we got home on day 4 it all went to &*^%! I couldn't believe it. He even told us in the LONG car ride when he had to go and now that we are home he's back to 50/50. I need Brayden to come move in for a week!

Getting them to both just smile is nearly impossible so we made them say words...here they are mid word. We most likely were making them say "swimming," or "pool." Regardless, they look pretty cute!

I love this picture. All the big boys playing the pool! ALL of them smiling! That was our trip. Just plain fun. We all enjoyed ourselves so much and it was just such a fun way to see my friend. Oh how I wish we lived closer. I know that there are only a few friendships that will last me a lifetime... I know my friendship with Angie is one of those. We are so different yet SO MUCH the same.
I love you Ang and thank you again for a wonderful few days! We'll see you next year!!! xoxox
2 comments:
So fun! You got some priceless photos of the kids. The one of you and Angie and the kids is AMAZING!!!
Oh Kel how I miss you!! It was so fun to spend time with you and your boys. I love you all! Your friendship means so much to me and I love how we have both grown and changed in such similar ways since college. Thanks for coming down to see us and we look forward to next year! xoxo
Post a Comment