June 13, 2011

Fun in the City!

My friend Kari lives in the City and always gives Rob and I a hard time for never getting out to the City to play...so a few weeks ago we made a date! This past Sunday we headed out to San Francisco and met her in Sausalito at the Bay Area Discovery Museum. It was so fun and a perfect place for toddlers! The weather was super sunny and then super windy and cold...so a typical summer day in San Francisco. We stayed for a couple hours and all in all just really enjoyed our day! Of course it wouldn't be a trip to the City without a traffic delay. It took us over 2 hours to get home thanks to some idiot on the bridge...but it gave us time for the boys to get in nice long naps! I love this family picture. I wish Sean was looking at the camera, but it's my new favorite family shot! Maybe because I think it's the first one since November that we have! LOL!










A few pictures from the day:
Kari and Sean (thank you Kari for holding Sean most of the day...it was a nice little break for me!) Grady and I in a cave. He thought this was too fun. Sean Boy holding onto the ship wheel. (lookin' rather cute I might add!) and Grady doing his "pull up" in the tree. Rob really likes this picture because you can see the Golden Gate bridge in the background.
My sweet Sean. He was so good all day and just took in the sights! Here is Grady in one of the water rooms sailing his boat! It said for ages 3 and up...I think the age sign might be there for a reason. Grady (who's 2.5) thought it was equally as fun to just splash in the water as it was to sail the boat!

Overall is was a great day. I have to be honest that is was well worth the trip into the City and it does make me realize I need to go there little more often. I was happy Rob joined us. He hates going into San Francisco but he really enjoyed the day as well. I can remember college friends of mine teasing me that I pretty much know nothing about the City even though I have lived here almost all of my life. I hope to get the boys into the City enough as they grow up that they will be able to take in its culture and beauty. San Francisco is a crazy and wonderful place to visit! Always entertaining, that is for sure!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That place is so great...I loved it too. We will have to plan a summer outing there. Can't believe how big Sean now is. Can't wait to see you next week.

Angie and Jerry said...

I love the family pic too! You guys are so cute! Sounds like a fun day.