December 21, 2010

December Fun

This year I was not sure how Grady would do with our visit to Santa. He is always interested in costumes (i.e. the mascot at the Foothill games) but when the person comes close he panics. At first he was not thrilled about Santa and wanted to "hold you" but then he warmed up. By the time he actually got to sit on Santa's lap he was pretty cool with it. This picture makes him look happy, but actually he didn't really smile...but he didn't cry! I was kind of hoping for a typical hysterical kid on Santa's lap picture, but I'm sure we'll get one someday!
(Is that mean?!)
Grady has been SUPER interested in the potty again. We went through a faze this summer but it ended once I went back to school. Lately he's been going potty a lot on the potty so we decided for fun while we are home to let him run around in his new big boy undies. HE LOVES THEM...however, he has had a few accidents. He actually does better when he runs around in the nude, but I figure that is probably not a good picture to post! I think he looks so cute in his alligator undies.

His other new thing is when you say smile or ask him to say cheese while taking his picture he does this new goofy thing. He bows his head and makes the weirdest smile. It cracks us up...here is a good example of it!
For Christmas Erika (the lady that watches him) got Grady some new skates. He loves them and wants to skate every morning in his jammies. He's more or less just walking around in them, but it's pretty impressive none the less. Now...to find wrist and elbow pads!
First smiles! I am so excited! Sean is finally starting to stay awake for chunks of time and while he's awake he's been starting to smile! I LOVE seeing his BIG dimples and his happy little face light up! He's not doing too much "talking" yet, but I am thrilled to see his big happy grin!


We took a quick trip to the cabin to hang out with Papa and Tutu. Papa came sledding with us one day and Grady was excited to have him there with us. There was not a ton of snow, but there was enough to take a few runs down the hill.
Grady helping mama with her sad attempt at a snowman! In the end he turned out okay!
The boys in their winter/Christmas jammies! TOO darn cute!

1 comment:

The Devanys said...

I have those reindeer pjs for the boys!! They wore them on Christmas morning!! Good taste :-) Your boys are just too cute!