November 29, 2010

Turkey Day...



As always I feel like it has been another year where we have so many things to be thankful for... Of course our biggest blessings are our two sweet little boys. We have each other, and our amazing families and friends. It's hard to really complain about life. Of course there are the things we pray about at night, but all in all our life is pretty darn good. We definitely have a lot to be thankful for and that is a good thing to have!Our first family photo with all four of us! (besides the hospital!) I think Grady looks so handsome and was pretty happy with the way it turned out. Not my favorite picture of me, but I guess there always has to be at least one person who doesn't like the way they look! :0) I was just pleased Grady cooperated and smiled. I guess Uncle Brian and Auntie Jill shouting and acting silly in the background helped!
This year Rob and I had a little Thanksgiving day bet. I made my favorite green bean casserole to take and Rob teased me about the quantity I made. (I admit, I made a ton, but I just didn't want to not make enough.) So he said to me before we left that if half of the green beans were eaten he would buy me an expensive stocking stuffer for Christmas. I of course took that bet and was willing to eat the beans myself to make this happen. The only rule was, I was not allowed to announce this competition to the people at the party...it had to happen fairly.

So, after most people had taken their second helpings and I was stuffed full of beans I admitted my defeat to Rob. I had lost. Brian (who was eating next to us) asked what we were talking about. After explaining the contest Brian stood up and piled the beans onto his plate. (Only after trying to pass out beans to the rest of the company there!) Let me make sure to tell you Brian HATES green beans...they make him gag. Like a champion Brian ate at least 4 helpings of beans just so I would win. I know claiming victory over Rob made it worth it to Brian however, I think I have the best brother in law in the world. I mean, who could ask for more!?
About half way though...I think he drank a bottle and a half of sparking cider to help wash the beans down! I am surprised that didn't make him sick! Thank you Bri...I owe you so big!!! Now...what do I want for my stocking stuffer?
sean's first Thanksgiving. Look at his little furrowed brow. He looked so handsome all dressed in his Turkey outfit...goodness I love this sweet boy!

No comments: