Well, since coming home life with two has been an adjustment for all of us. I knew I would be tired, I knew there would be more laundry and I knew Grady would need some extra TLC. What I wasn't prepared for was how rough the adjustment would be for him. Grady is usually a very easy going, happy little guy...wow...is all I can say. Although I have to say things have MUCH improved we started out a little rough. He threw tantrums, tried to hit, kick and stomp on his brother and overall just seemed like he felt out of control. We had a very rough Friday night where Sean, Grady and I all sat in my bedroom and cried...but since then we seem to have turned a corner. When I talked to the Dr. about it he simply said..."Kelli, it's like Rob coming home and saying I love you so much and you bring such joy to my life that I have decided to have a second wife. Soon, you'll love her. You two can shop, hang out etc. etc." What he doesn't know is you've just given him the best gift in his lifetime...a brother. I felt like saying...well, when you put it that way... :)
He did make me feel better and we have been working very hard on keeping Grady's routines just that...routines. He has been going to "Erika's" (daycare) still twice a week and bed times, etc. have not changed. I am happy to report I think (or I hope) we are through the worst of it.
Our monkey...we recently turned our garage into a "playroom." I mean, it's still a garage with all of our junk, but we needed somewhere for Grady to play this winter since our house is so small. So far the room has been a hit, but it was driving Rob and I crazy with how "garagie" it still looked. So this weekend we painted the walls and insulated the big garage door to help with the cold. Grady was a super helper and loved climbing the ladder. Yes, I know he shouldn't be allowed to climb (he did only with supervision) but he LOVES it. He is a monkey and loves to go up and get himself down.
First bath...it looks like Sean is crying here, but he's not. He actually seems to enjoy his baths. You can see his big brother was very interested in the whole process. Even now he wants to "help" give Sean his bath. By help, I mean climb into Sean's tub with him!So far life with two has been busy, but amazing. We have had our ups and downs but I wouldn't change a minute of it all. I have learned a lot about myself as a mom over the past couple of weeks and I know I couldn't do it without help. Although I like to believe I can do everything and usually I don't ask for help, but I can honestly say I have needed help and taken it. I am just so thankful for my mom and Erika who have helped with Grady to keep him my happy boy...and Jill for the daycare she's helped with so I could get my cracked tooth fixed...to my husband who wakes up every day at 6 with Grady so I can sleep until 7...and to everyone who has brought us dinner, a gift or just stopped in to meet our little man. I love you all and thank you from the bottom of my very sleepy heart!
1 comment:
You bring tears to my eyes! What a good point your doctor made but wow now I feel so bad. Hopefully our little boys will adjust eventually and realize how lucky they are to have a sibling. I love the picture of you on the couch. Isn't snuggling with both of them the best feeling EVER. How did we get so lucky Kel!! Seriously...our dream has come true. But you're right it is so hard but so worth it. Love you all!!
Post a Comment