December 8, 2011

Christmas Spirit!


One thing I have learned about being a parent is to expect the unexpected and that when you expect something to happen a certain way...it never does!

This year when we went to see Santa (and apparently Mrs. Claus) I totally expected Sean to cry. Not only did I think he'd cry, but I would have NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS thought he'd smile! It's hard to tell in this picture, but he was all grins! It was no surprise to me that Grady all but ran and jumped on Santa's lap but Sean once again surprised me! It turned out to be an easy photo to take! Grady told Santa he wants a rocket and a skateboard. Then Santa gave him a little coloring book! I always love going to see this Santa (the one in Blackhawk) since there is usually a short line! Every year so far they have had their pictures taken with this SAME Santa! So fun!


The boys hunting for our Christmas tree! They look happy dont' they?! hee hee This was the only picture I was able to get...

This year my bestie from high school Katie came down to spend the day decorating our Christmas tree with us! After a fun afternoon of decorating (and of course some light drama, isn't there always???) we headed out to the Pleasanton tree lighting. We went equipped with our hot chocolate, jackets, scarves and the boys all bundled up with blankets! We ended up parking the stroller at the tail end of the parade and after some parade and some LONG breaks in the action Sean decided he no longer was going to cooperate so we headed home. We never did get to see the tree actually light up! Regardless, it was such a fun day and really kicked off the Christmas season! I feel so lucky to have Katie back in the Bay with us and to be able to share these moments with her! I can't believe we have been friends for 18 years now! OMgosh that makes me feel old! I love you Katie!
yummm....

No comments: