A lot has changed since my last post...Sean started his "liquid gold" formula (ElecCare) and so far it seems to have helped. He no longer screams in pain all night and day and overall seems more settled. However, he is still SO GASSY and with each toot and poop it's a production. His gas was still waking him up 2-3 times a night and it was still a challenge to get him back to sleep. I found myself giving him a bottle (which I don't want to make into a habit) in order to get him to settle down enough to either toot or fall asleep again.
We went back to the Dr. and he added another medication to help him poop more regularly and upped his reflux medication to 3x a day. The pooping medicine makes him gassy, but since he's been on it a few days now it actually seems to be helping. (dare I say that out loud?) He has pooped at least 2x a day now and although he is still waking up at night it is usually only once and with a bottle he goes back down quickly.
The Dr. is sending us to get an upper GI test done next week to see if everything internal is correct and we'll know more from there...hopefully with all these new tools he'll continue to get better!
He's so sweet...I swear his eyes and face get bigger by the minute!
1 comment:
I can't even imagine how tough all that must be for you guys. And poor poor Sean. I am glad the doctor you have is being so helpful and that you guys are on your road to recovery. I think he looks like you! Those eyes are so sweet!! xo
Post a Comment