January 8, 2012

Christmas...and more!

I uploaded these pictures in the wrong order so we'll start with Christmas day and work our way backwards to the holiday traditions! Here is our sweet, sweet Sean on his new "bike." He always wants to be out riding on a scooter or bike and it really hurts our backs after a while to be bent over, so my folks bought him this push along bike! He LOVES it! He could be pushed around in it all day if he could! side note...i love these jammies!
G is totally obsessed with Lego "mens." The little people...and recently started to get into building Legos as well. He enjoys making "towers" and loves to watch you build him things! He is really good about playing with them while Sean is sleeping so no choking hazards are out for him to get! This was one of Grady's favorite gifts this year!
Sean LOVES Elmo...not sure how he knows him since we don't really watch his show...but he loves him none-the-less! This Elmo sings and dances and Sean enjoys music just like his big brother and his mama!
This year was a really fun Christmas. It was really the first year Grady understood the whole Santa thing. He wasn't concerned about Santa "watching him" or about what list he was on, but he definitely understood that Santa brings people gifts! He told me the next morning he heard Santa in the sky and that he wishes he could come back again soon! Sean was still too young, but he mostly enjoyed destroying the boxes. He would walk all over the wrapped presents and flatten out all the boxes...we nick named him "the destroyer" that day! It is rather fitting! It was such a whirlwind day that by 7 that night Rob and I were pooped! This year we did our big Christmas Eve at my parents house and then they came to our house for Christmas day. It was really nice to wake up and not have to rush out of the house! We were all in our jammies until 3 that afternoon...perfection!
Christmas Eve was spent at my parents house! We went to 3:30 mass and then Jill, Brian, Jake, Mia and Jill's parents joined us for dinner! We did our traditional crab feed and ended the night with the cousins exchanging gifts!
It was such a nice night! Grady and Sean got a new guitar and drum set from the Weeks'...Grady looks like an old rocker pro on it! Check out his stance!
Every year we take a cousins picture in their Christmas jammies! This is the first year in 4 years we haven't had a new baby celebrating their first Christmas! It is amazing to me that they just keep growing...a year ago Sean was 2 months old. Although Sean doesn't look thrilled with this picture, I think they all look pretty darn cute in their festive jammies!
The boys...not a great picture, but all dressed up for church! This year when Father asked all the children to come up front, Grady took off running! I was so proud of him that he was willing to go sit BY HIMSELF with all the other children. In fact, we were literally sitting in the last pew in the very back of the church...Grady amazes me sometimes!
Checkin' out the reindeer food! One of our new (and to be continued) traditions was to throw out food for the reindeer. It is oatmeal with glitter so the reindeer can find your house! I do this with my first graders and Grady LOVED it! Classic...Sean followed Grady around and after Grady would throw the oatmeal out Sean picked it back up and ate it! He loves food!
Tossing out the food...we put it on the driveway...easier clean up!
This is Sean's idea of helping in the kitchen!
A tradition I did with my mom every year was to make sugar cookies! I don't know how long my little boys will want to do this with me, so I will soak it up for now! Grady helped me cut the cookies out and then did the sprinkles! It made me laugh, all the sprinkles were in one spot!
We went on the Sunol Train of Lights for the first time this year with the Parletts! I thought the train ride would have more lights for the kids to look at but they enjoyed the ride anyway! The train is decorated in beautiful, festive lights...each car looked different than the next! We got hot chocolate and brought some popcorn to munch on! (Sean boy stayed home this year, but he'll join the fun next year!)
High five-ing Santa...I mean what can be better than that?
The boys! They look like they are dressed for the snow! This picture makes me laugh!
The gang! It was such a fun night and we enjoyed being able to do some holiday celebrating with some of our best friends! I am so happy that Grady and Jameson are going to grow up together! The Parletts are such special people to us and I am thrilled that we continue to do things together even as our families grow! I can remember a few years ago when both Jen and I wanted nothing MORE for Christmas than to start a family...two kids each...a few years later and here we are!

No comments: